Christmas is deadly features:
- background information for teachers to assist them to lead a discussion of how Christmas arrived in Australia from Europe and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, like other Australians celebrate Christmas today
- a detailed teaching strategy that provides teachers with a step-by-step direction to successfully lead students to understand this historical and contemporary celebration
- 11 original and professionally Indigenous designed worksheets
- Christmas is deadly is suitable for the early years (0-8) and for middle years.
- ISBN 0-9581073-2-7 16pp
- BACKGROUND INFORMATION – ‘Do Aborigines*’ – celebrate Christmas? – The origins of Christmas – Christmas celebrations and symbolism – The Christmas story – Diversity of Australian Christmas celebrations – Aboriginal people and Christmas.
- TEACHING AND LEARNING STRATEGIES – The origins of Christmas.
- WORKSHEETS – Christmas is Deadly – What’s special about Christmas? – Christmas stocking card – Christmas Bookmark – Tree ornaments – Wreath door hanging – Christmas tree wall hanging – Deadly Decorations 1 – Deadly Decorations 2 – Leaf Decoration